Troops chase Boko Haram insurgents out of Yobe town

1 week ago

An attack by Boko Haram insurgents in Geidam, a town in Yobe State was foiled by troops on Wednesday evening.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/82e460be00a373bb2c8eb2f64ab28648.jpg

The terrorists reportedly retreated after being overpowered by troops who acted on a tip-off.

Governor Mai Mala Buni has now commended the security operatives for the bravery during the attack. A statement released by his media aide, Mamman Mohammed read;

“It is heart warming that, although the enemy withdrew, the soldiers gallantly pursued them and cleared an ambush mounted on their way.

“The government and people of Yobe state appreciate this act of bravery to secure the general area and allow the people of Geidam to continue celebrating the Sallah festivities peacefully.”

Buni also called on people of the state to always volunteer useful and timely information to the security operatives to enhance proactive measures against such attacks.

Related Forums
#BBNaija S6: I Don’t Chase Women, They Come To Me – Whitemoney
Forum

#BBNaija S6: I Don’t Chase Women, They Come To Me – Whitemoney

23 hours ago
Catholic Priest who was kidnapped by Boko Haram reportedly regains freedom
Forum

Catholic Priest who was kidnapped by Boko Haram reportedly regains freedom

3 weeks ago
SO SAD!! Soldiers Had An Accident While Rushing To Rescue Civilians From Boko Haram
Forum

SO SAD!! Soldiers Had An Accident While Rushing To Rescue Civilians From Boko Haram

3 weeks ago
Troops Eliminate 11 Terrorists, Recover Arms In Borno
Forum

Troops Eliminate 11 Terrorists, Recover Arms In Borno

4 weeks ago