Enjin Joins UN Global Compact to Promote Sustainability and Equality

Forum 2 years ago

Enjin Joins UN Global Compact to Promote Sustainability and Equality

Enjin Coin has become the first NFT ecosystem to join the United Nations Global Compact.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3737121f8d29d468d3fdfdac9693ba68.jpg

NFT ecosystem provider and creator of the ERC-1155 token standard, Enjin, has recently joined the United Nations Global Compact, a global organization that supports businesses working to adopt Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

First NFT Platform to Join the UN Global Compact

In a press release shared with CryptoPotato, Enjin revealed that it would join the UN Global Compact as a Participant, the highest membership rank in the organization. 

This positions Enjin as the very first NFT platform to become a part of this global body, considering that the UN Global Compact has strict requirements regarding sustainability and equality in areas of human rights, environment, and labor.

Enjin proved itself to be worthy of this position when it made significant efforts to decarbonize NFTs on the Ethereum Network. 

By creating the eco-friendly JumpNet Blockchain that supposedly utilizes a lot less energy than Ethereum and joining the Crypto Climate Accord, Enjin directly supported Principle 9 of the 10 principles propounded by the UN Global Compact, which focuses on “the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.”

Promoting Sustainable NFTs

Several critics have condemned non-fungible tokens because of their perceived carbon footprints, but Enjin is striving to promote the concept of sustainable NFTs. By becoming a member of the non-binding UN pact, the platform can help explore various ways of using NFTs to achieve the UN’s goal of global sustainability and equality in all aspects.

Enjin’s CEO, Maxim Blagov, said: “At Enjin, we’re developing a sustainable ecosystem to create a better future using NFTs. Joining the UN Global Compact reaffirms our commitment to improving people’s lives through blockchain technology, and will ensure these efforts are sustainable, focused, and optimized while holding us accountable to the public along the way.”

Speaking on the development, the Head of the Center for AI and Robotics, UNICRI, United Nations, Irakli Beridze, noted that the organization is excited to join forces with Enjin in exploring how blockchain and NFTs can help to fulfill the UN’s SDGs. 

“More than ever, we need to take advantage and harness the potential of these new technologies to ensure that we are better equipped and more united in the future, in order to make our planet a more livable, equitable place for all,” Beridze  added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total
Forum | 1 day ago

Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total

He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla
Forum | 1 day ago

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla