7 Days To Inauguration! Buhari Confirms GEJ Administration is Yet To Brief Him

Forum 9 years ago

7 Days To Inauguration! Buhari Confirms GEJ Administration is Yet To Brief Him

While receiving the Interim Report from the 19-man Transition Committee under the Chairmanship of Alhaji Ahmed Joda in Abuja, Nigeria’s president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed that the incoming administration is yet to receive any briefing from the Goodluck Jonathan government as the country prepares for the transfer of power in a week. He however clarifies that his transition committee was not formed to indict the present administration, but to know where to begin from. His words below;

“The incoming government was misunderstood. It is not that we are preparing for indictment. What we are trying to get is a starting point, where we are exactly going to start from.

“We have seen the debt profile and the performance of the economy.

“The question is what we can do about it especially the urgent ones like social security, lack of fuel in the country and fraud. The list is endless.

“I thank you for what you have done and I hope that the subsequent submission by the government will make your job easier and more efficient and tell us where to begin from.”

“My expectations were that each ministry makes its own presentation. The politicians know that they are going while the bureaucrats who do the job know they are staying.

“They are the ones who are going to do the job and they are going to be available to help cross check the information.

“I think that this research you have made will help the incoming government to cross check the information on paper given by the outgoing government,” he said.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Guardians of the Galaxy’s Pom Klementieff Confirms DC Talks With James Gunn
Forum | 1 day ago

Guardians of the Galaxy’s Pom Klementieff Confirms DC Talks With James Gunn

Terrifier 2 Novelization Release Date Confirms a Double Dose of Art Action This October
Forum | 1 day ago

Terrifier 2 Novelization Release Date Confirms a Double Dose of Art Action This October

Avengers 5: Benedict Cumberbatch Confirms Involvement in MCU Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Avengers 5: Benedict Cumberbatch Confirms Involvement in MCU Movie

PDP slams Abia Speaker for stalling Uzodike’s inauguration despite court order
Forum | 4 days ago

PDP slams Abia Speaker for stalling Uzodike’s inauguration despite court order