Abuja court sentences pastor to life imprisonment for raping 17 year old girl

Forum 2 years ago

Abuja court sentences pastor to life imprisonment for raping 17 year old girl

Justice Peter Kekemeke of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory has sentenced a 29-year-old pastor, Stephen Kalu, to life imprisonment for raping a 17-year-old girl.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/804a1f9d1870da3ca0471ad7256b4cfa.jpg

Kalu of the Adoration Ministry, Karshi, Abuja, was arraigned before the court on two counts bordering on rape. He was charged with having sexual intercourse with the girl at his residence without her consent, thereby contravening Section 31 (1) of the Child’s Right Act and punishable under Section 31 (2) of the same Act.

Delivering judgment in the case on Thursday, July 15, Justice Kekemeke said the convict admitted to sleeping with the girl several times, which resulted in a pregnancy and the birth of a girl child. The court held that although Kalu promised to marry the victim, an offense was committed and the law must take its course.

“Our society, especially this division of the court, has seen several cases of rape. It is a pathetic situation; the system must be expunged of rapists; our children need protection from our courts.

The law is already there; the same defendant committed a similar offence of rape, while on bail during the period of this case. He is a danger to our children; the defendant is hereby sentenced to life imprisonment.”the judge ruled

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 12 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 12 hours ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce
Forum | 1 day ago

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith
Forum | 1 day ago

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith