Fed to Release Report in September Addressing Cryptocurrencies and Stablecoins, Says Jerome Powell

Forum 2 years ago

Fed to Release Report in September Addressing Cryptocurrencies and Stablecoins, Says Jerome Powell

The Federal Reserve Chairman, Jerome Powell, said that they will issue a report on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, and CBDCs in September.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dba15307b69f1d4b3788a37f43fe6673.jpg

The Chairman of the Federal Reserve of the United States, Jerome Powell, said today that the country is working on a publisher’s report on digital currencies.

• The Fed Chair said that the incoming report would focus on digital payments “broadly.” Per his words, this also includes stablecoins, crypto-assets, and central bank digital currencies (CBDCs).

We’re going to address digital payments broadly. It means stablecoins, it means crypto-assets, it means a CBDC. That whole group of issues and payment mechanisms, which we think is really in a critical point in terms of regulations.

LIVE: Federal Reserve Chair Powell addresses the status of the Fed’s study of central bank digital currencies, noting that we are at a “critical point” in terms of regulation pic.twitter.com/w0VDmqvj7R

— Bloomberg Economics (@economics) July 14, 2021

• Powell also reiterated that in the case of central bank digital currencies, the Fed would lay down questions for the public to address and assess the potential benefits and drawbacks.

• His hope is that this will spark a major public consultation on the matter across many groups, including Congress.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date

Reginald the Vampire Season 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Syfy Comedy
Forum | 2 days ago

Reginald the Vampire Season 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Syfy Comedy

Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date
Forum | 2 days ago

Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie