Bauchi traditional rulers responsible for rising crime rates: Bala Mohammed

Forum 2 years ago

Bauchi traditional rulers responsible for rising crime rates: Bala Mohammed

Traditional rulers in Bauchi State have been accused of harbouring criminals in their domains thereby ocassioning the surge in insecurity in the state.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fcd2957c347b989c325ad2d049531d19.png

“You’ve seen what is manifesting in Bauchi recently, criminality everywhere, kidnapping and stealing. We have a security board and we know those behind it,” the governor alleged.

Speaking at a public function on Tuesday, Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi alleged that some members of the traditional institution in the state have been compromised to bring threats to the lives and property of the people.

“Some of the members of our traditional institutions are compromised, allowing strange people, people with criminal backgrounds just because of the small peanuts they will get,” he said.

Mr Mohammed then warned that henceforth, anyone found wanting would be seriously dealt with. He saidthat the state government would no longer tolerate actions that would put Bauchi residents in danger.

“We will not spare anybody, even though I am a member of the traditional institution,” the governor assured. “If anybody is found wanting, we will discipline him.

Mr Mohammed assured that the government was prepared to flush-out all the people sponsoring or aiding criminality in the state.

The Bauchi governor also warned against rumour mongering and all forms of treachery among the people. He urged the people to unite against those perpetrating evil in the state.

“I also want to say to our people that we should always be together, we should eschew rumour mongering, hatred, treachery and mischief.

“I know some leaders of the state who are busy bringing criminals to the state. I will talk when the time comes but certainly, we are not afraid of them,” governor Mohammed said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

Forum | 3 days ago

Traditional Ruler
Forum | 4 days ago

Traditional Ruler's Son, Three Others Dead As Rival Groups Clash In Bauchi