Fake priest jailed in Abuja

2 weeks ago

One Jacob Samuel has been convicted by an Abuja high court after being arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Abuja Zonal Office on an amended one-count charge of cheating.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f95c9c007d980ed907788ea9bf39ad6f.jpeg

Samuel pleaded guilty after being arraigned before Justice J.O. Onwuegbuzie for falsely representing himself as a genuine priest or spiritualist and inducing one Rebecca into delivering to him the sum of N103, 000 (One Hundred and Three Thousand Naira).

Based on his plea, the prosecution asked the court to convict him accordingly. But his counsel, M.K Agbontien urged the court to temper justice with mercy as the defendant was a first-time offender and had returned the proceeds of crime.

The court convicted and sentenced the defendant to six months imprisonment with an option of N50, 000 (Fifty Thousand Naira) fine.

Related Forums
Fake Housemates: 5 Things To Know About BBNaija’s Wildcard Twist
Forum

Fake Housemates: 5 Things To Know About BBNaija’s Wildcard Twist

5 days ago
‘There Will Be A Fake Housemate, Two Male Housemates Will Be Disqualified’– Man Predicts BBNaija Season 6
Forum

‘There Will Be A Fake Housemate, Two Male Housemates Will Be Disqualified’– Man Predicts BBNaija Season 6

6 days ago
31-year-old woman connives with husband to fake her own kidnap in Niger State, collects N1m ransom from her father
Forum

31-year-old woman connives with husband to fake her own kidnap in Niger State, collects N1m ransom from her father

1 week ago
My Village People Are Upset With Me – Cubana Chief Priest Reveals After Giving 46 Cows To Obi Cubana
Forum

My Village People Are Upset With Me – Cubana Chief Priest Reveals After Giving 46 Cows To Obi Cubana

1 week ago