Copa America: Messi Played Against Colombia, Brazil With Hamstring Injury – Argentina Coach, Scaloni Reveals

Forum 2 years ago

Copa America: Messi Played Against Colombia, Brazil With Hamstring Injury – Argentina Coach, Scaloni Reveals

Lionel Scaloni, the Argentina coach, has revealed that captain Lionel Messi played against Colombia and Brazil in Copa America with a hamstring injury.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/610b016d29a411f5a9f8ebe1519b5839.jpg
According to Scaloni, Messi sustained the injury during Argentina’s Copa America 3-0 win against Ecuador in the quarter-final last week.

Recall that Argentina defeated Colombia on penalties in the Copa America semi-final last Wednesday.

Argentina also defeated Brazil 1-0 in the Copa America final on Saturday, thanks to Angel Di Maria’s first-half goal.

“Messi has been playing with a hamstring injury against Colombia and Brazil, after getting a knock against Ecuador,” Scaloni said at his post-match press conference.

He added, 
“It’s a great title, especially for our people. The fans support the team unconditionally. I think they can identify with this team that never gives in.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 10 hours ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 2 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England