New Crystal Palace boss Vieira happy with preseason kickoff

Forum 2 years ago

New Crystal Palace boss Vieira happy with preseason kickoff

New Crystal Palace boss Patrick Vieira was happy after his first day of preseason training.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/95ca25bd6c4483ca72c084869fa0243c.jpg

After his appointment was announced on Sunday, Vieira met with his players for the first time on Monday at the club's Beckenham training ground.

“It was a good first day," he told Palace's website. “I was looking forward to meeting the players and the staff, and it was a good day.

“I think the first week is always important. To know the players, but [also] for the players to know how I want to work, and the philosophy that I will want to implement in the football club.

“The first week will be when I talk to the players individually, and try to understand where we are, what we want to achieve and explain to them the way I see the game and the way I want to build a team."

Vieira will take his players to St. George's Park, the England national side's base, next week as they step up preparations for the Premier League opener at Stamford Bridge on 14th August.

“It's really important," he explained to Palace's website. “St. George's Park is one of the best places you can go and prepare yourself.

“Spending time with the players and doing some individual meetings, and unit meetings, and trying to really go into details about what I expect from players, from staff – how we can all work together to maximise the potential of the players."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 6 hours ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 9 hours ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams
Forum | 13 hours ago

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams