Insecurity: Beg Your Senators, Reps To Pass State Police Bill – Gov Makinde

Forum 2 years ago

Insecurity: Beg Your Senators, Reps To Pass State Police Bill – Gov Makinde

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde has asked Nigerians to appeal to their members in the House of Representatives and the Senate to give state police attention irrespective of party affiliation.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a3b8f5babd752330858cefa8a947d2a8.jpeg

He expressed that the introduction of state police would help in tackling the menace of insecurity in the states and across the nation.

Gov Makinde on Sunday called on those politicising insecurity to have a rethink, saying insecurity doesn’t know political party or religion.

He said,

“I don’t want to politicise insecurity because when things happen, hardly will they ask whether you are PDP or APC or whether you are a Christian or a Muslim.”

He stated that the solution to the insecurity in the states was state police.

He enjoined the legislative arm of government both at the federal and state levels to push for it in their chambers.

The governor further said,

“Personally, I have gone around to take responsibility for some of the issues we are faced with, security-wise. But I want to beg of you, on security, we have to take a collective responsibility. The government alone cannot do it, as all of us must come together and play our own parts.

“In your neighbourhood, if you see something, say something and the government will do something.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Arrest Six ‘One Chance’ Robbery Suspects, Others
Forum | 16 hours ago

Police Arrest Six ‘One Chance’ Robbery Suspects, Others

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 18 hours ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 18 hours ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election

State Police Non-Negotiable — Jonathan
Forum | 2 days ago

State Police Non-Negotiable — Jonathan