I’d Rather Pray He Make Heaven Than To Pay Ransom – El-Rufai Clears Air Over Kidnap Speculation

Forum 2 years ago

I’d Rather Pray He Make Heaven Than To Pay Ransom – El-Rufai Clears Air Over Kidnap Speculation

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on Saturday insisted he wouldn’t negotiate with Bandits even if they successfully kidnapped his seven-year-old son

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/841f5530dafd6a8ccffc8dd7e0775d7e.jpeg

In an interview with BBC Pidgin, Governor El-Rufai said he secretly withdrew his son from Kaduna Capital school following intelligence that the bandits were planning to attack the school to kidnap his son.

Reports on Friday indicated that the Governor secretly withdrew the boy from one of northern Nigeria’s oldest public schools where he was enrolled in 2020.

“My son and my daughter are registered in the school because his sister turned six and we had to register her.

“But we have had to temporarily withdrew them for the security of the school because we got intercepts from at least two groups that are planning to attack the school to kidnap my son,” he said.

Following the incessant abduction of school children in the state by armed bandits, the governor vowed not to converse with the assailants.

He said

“Even if my son is kidnapped, I would rather pray for him to make heaven than paying the ransom.”

What Do You Have To Say About This?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa
Forum | 18 hours ago

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 18 hours ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 20 hours ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

Panic As Bandits Invade Abuja Community, Kidnap Five
Forum | 2 days ago

Panic As Bandits Invade Abuja Community, Kidnap Five