Real Madrid midfielder Kroos announces international retirement

Forum 2 years ago

Real Madrid midfielder Kroos announces international retirement

Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos has announced his international retirement with Germany.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ed2db41fbe3a37d9ba3c4662fb3427bb.jpg

Kroos, 31, says he now wants to devote his career fully to Real Madrid.

He declared this morning: "I have played 106 times for Germany. There will be no next time.

"I would have loved to see, and I did everything I can, that it would eventually be 109 games, supplemented with the European title. I decided a long time ago that I would stop after the European Championship.

"It was clear to me that I would not make myself available for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, especially as I want to fully focus on my goals with Real Madrid in the coming years."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: They’ve dangerous players – Ferdinand predicts winner of Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: They’ve dangerous players – Ferdinand predicts winner of Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Mbappe urges Real Madrid to consider Portuguese midfielder as Modric’s successor
Forum | 3 days ago

Mbappe urges Real Madrid to consider Portuguese midfielder as Modric’s successor

EKSU announces matriculation ceremony for the 2023/2024 session
Forum | 3 days ago

EKSU announces matriculation ceremony for the 2023/2024 session

Cross River COE announces 15th regular/6th joint matriculation ceremony, 2023/2024
Forum | 4 days ago

Cross River COE announces 15th regular/6th joint matriculation ceremony, 2023/2024