Man City wing-back Zinchenko happy to silence critics with Ukraine win

Forum 2 years ago

Man City wing-back Zinchenko happy to silence critics with Ukraine win

Manchester City wing-back Oleks Zinechenko was happy to answer his critics after Ukraine's Euro 2020 round of 16 victory over Sweden.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/14429c3eb6789c62a504aac828e2de0e.jpg

Zinchenko said he and the rest of the team had been under pressure to deliver against Sweden after coming under fire for poor group-stage performances, having lost to the Netherlands and Austria while beating North Macedonia.

"It was difficult for me to adjust because a lot of criticism was poured on the whole team and on me in particular," said Zinchenko.

"Today, we have proved to the whole of Europe that we can achieve our goals.'

"I would like to thank the fans, all those who managed to come to the stadium. This is a historic achievement and they should rejoice because moments like this are rare."

Man of the match Zinchenko, who scored Ukraine's first goal and set up the second against Sweden, heaped praise on his Manchester City team mate Raheem Sterling who has scored three of England's four goals in Euro 2020.

"Sterling is one of the best wingers in the world and right now he is making all the difference for England," he said, looking ahead to their quarterfinal.

"We will need to be at our very best in defence to stop him but it will be difficult because he is on a roll."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 1 hour ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 7 hours ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 16 hours ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama