Berardi grateful to Leeds; praises 'top manager' Bielsa

Forum 2 years ago

Berardi grateful to Leeds; praises 'top manager' Bielsa

Gaetano Berardi appreciates the way Leeds United allowed him to say farewell at the end of last season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ae09fccd59df10142f73189bd3cf485b.jpeg

The Swiss saw a seven-year spell at West Yorkshire end last month and was granted the opportunity to say goodbye in front of a quarter-full Elland Road when Leeds saw off West Bromwich Albion on the final day of the season.

"It was a special day for me, for Pablo (Hernandez) as well," Berardi told Sky Sports News. "And I think also for the club because what they did for us, it was something priceless.

"I didn't expect that from the club, from the players, from the fans, it was nice to be there with them for the last game. It was just unforgettable."

Before his injury at Pride Park, Berardi had been a regular contributor under Marcelo Bielsa and says that his former head coach is a 'special' man.

"The last three years especially was like going back to school because it was learning every single day," the former Swiss international added. "Every day learning new things, in football, outside football, just everything we did in the club.

"He's a clever man who knows football very well. He's a top manager of course and in the end, the club achieved what we wanted. He's a special guy, a special man. Like I said about the Leeds experience, it was unforgettable, like the experience I had with him."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm Grateful to Big Brother for Making Me A Star – Ilebaye

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’
Forum | 1 week ago

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 1 week ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday