Elizabeth Olsen: Doctor Strange 2 Is Scarier Than Indiana Jones

Forum 2 years ago

Elizabeth Olsen: Doctor Strange 2 Is Scarier Than Indiana Jones

Fans are anxiously awaiting any and all information regarding Marvel Studios’ upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and while they wait, one of the stars of the film says it’s going to be a scary ride.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/700f9dbf92c1bc76fe6b65ec1010118c.jpgSpeaking in a new interview with Vanity Fair‘s Little Gold Men podcast, Olsen spoke about the upcoming film, noting that despite writer Michael Waldron comparing Doctor Strange to Indiana Jones, things are a lot darker in the upcoming MCU film.

“I think it’s scarier than Indiana Jones,” said Olsen. “I think it definitely feels more Sam Raimi than that. So maybe that was the goal, but it definitely became something darker … The horror genre feeling of constant fear and thrill and misleads and playing with camera, playing with how the perspective of the depth of field in order to make the audience feel more anxious. I think it’s more than like a glossy Indiana Jones movie, which I love Indiana Jones, but I feel like it has a darker thing going on.”

Not much else is known about the upcoming sequel, other than the fact that a ton of hype is being built around the Sam Raimi-led film. Described as the first MCU horror film, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness sees the return of Benedict Cumberbatch as he reprises his role as Dr. Stephen Strange. This time the Sorcerer Supreme will be joined by Wanda Maximoff/ Scarlett Witch, portrayed by Elizabeth Olsen, who is coming off from the critical success of WandaVision. The sequel is expected to tie into the events from WandaVision, Loki and Spider-Man: No Way Home.

The sequel will also feature MCU alums Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Wong, and Rachel McAdams, who are reprising their roles as Karl Mordo, Wong, and Dr. Christine Palmer, respectively. It will also feature the introduction of the live-action debut of fan-favorite Marvel hero America Chavez., who will be portrayed by newcomer Xochitl Gomez (The Baby-Sitters Club).

The film is directed by Sam Raimi (Spider-Man trilogy) from a script written by Emmy-winning scribe Michael Waldron (Loki). It is executive produced by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is currently slated to debut on March 25, 2022, as part of Marvel Cinematic Universe’ Phase 4.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo
Forum | 6 days ago

Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy
Forum | 6 days ago

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy

Oh What Fun Cast: Felicity Jones Joins Amazon’s Holiday Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Oh What Fun Cast: Felicity Jones Joins Amazon’s Holiday Comedy Movie

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5
Forum | 1 week ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5