Italy coach Mancini wants his players to enjoy Austria clash

Forum 2 years ago

Italy coach Mancini wants his players to enjoy Austria clash

Italy coach Roberto Mancini wants his players to enjoy themselves tonight against Euro 2020 round of 16 opponents Austria.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0715770630a3e941060564df475133f8.jpg

Winning tomorrow would set up a quarter-final against Belgium or Portugal, but also set a new all-time record for the Azzurri of going 31 games unbeaten.

“I've enjoyed my time as Italy coach and I would like to continue doing it. I thank the players, as they allowed me to have fun with this experience too," said Mancini in his press conference.

“Playing at Wembley should always be a pleasure. There are players in this squad who have never experienced it and they ought to relish this opportunity in a beautiful stadium.

“When you play football, it's because you want to do it in stadiums like this. I think this team needs to keep feeding the joy and at the same time respect a temple of football like this. I am sure the lads will play well tomorrow."

He continued: “We need a great performance, as Austria have quality, they are aggressive and we cannot get anything wrong. That's the beauty of these tournaments, you have to win and there's no other option. We have to continue playing our football, hopefully for another four games at Euro 2020."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Cardi B And Offset Enjoy Date Night Amid Split
Forum | 1 day ago

Cardi B And Offset Enjoy Date Night Amid Split

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: Football expert names players likely to leave Liverpool with Klopp
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Football expert names players likely to leave Liverpool with Klopp

EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest