Real Madrid president Florentino confirms Marcelo captaincy; discusses Mbappe move

Forum 2 years ago

Real Madrid president Florentino confirms Marcelo captaincy; discusses Mbappe move

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has confirmed Marcelo is the club's new captain.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f1261304624e7ee576e4a8c17548fe35.jpg

Marcelo, as currently Real's longest serving player, will inherit the captaincy from Sergio Ramos.

Florentino said, "Marcelo has one year left on his contract, he will be the captain of Real Madrid. He has been here for many years. It's difficult to find a left-back like Marcelo. Along with Roberto Carlos, he's the best left-back there has ever been."

The Real president also spoke of plans to sign PSG striker Kylian Mbappe.

He added: "The Real Madrid fans want the best players to be here, but the best players, perhaps, come at the age of 18. I know what the Real Madrid fans want. They know what my policy is with the mix of the best players and young players.

"I don't want to talk about a player who is not ours. Negotiations and signings take place after the European Championship. People trust me, and Mbappe is a great player."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 1 day ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 2 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

The Bear Season 3 Set Video Confirms Will Poulter’s Return
Forum | 4 days ago

The Bear Season 3 Set Video Confirms Will Poulter’s Return

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 5 days ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity