I AM IN TROUBLE! After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags

Forum 2 years ago

I AM IN TROUBLE! After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags

Hello guys, please, I need your help with something that means a lot to me.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0705c3f913eed6295f4ddbcd0ac9672f.jpg

I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years.

I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other.

We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church.

So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic.

I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e. acknowledging Christ as Lord and saviour and becoming born again, but he is content with his laid back Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him.

My parents liked him, especially because my younger sis, is married, and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone.

However, after the introduction, I regret it.

I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise them, with such differing views about God, and I’m discouraged.

Furthermore, I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes.

Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because of anything that involves him.

I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life, and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him, but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause.

What Should I Do?

I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms…

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton

Saudi Super Cup: He acted in front of referee – Al Nassr coach speaks on Ronaldo’s red card
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Saudi Super Cup: He acted in front of referee – Al Nassr coach speaks on Ronaldo’s red card

Descendants: The Rise of Red Teaser Trailer & Poster Previews Disney+ Movie
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Descendants: The Rise of Red Teaser Trailer & Poster Previews Disney+ Movie

Boy Kills World Red Band Trailer Previews Bill Skarsgård-Led Action Thriller
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Boy Kills World Red Band Trailer Previews Bill Skarsgård-Led Action Thriller