Umahi declares public holiday to mourn commissioner’s death

Forum 2 years ago

Umahi declares public holiday to mourn commissioner’s death

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi has declared Wednesday a public holiday to mourn the late Commissioner for Infrastructural Development, Fidelis Nweze.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/32de370b74d4e5d505f92a2ea86174c9.jpg

The commissioner died from injuries sustained in a ghastly auto crash on June 19.

The governor directed all offices and markets shut and declared a four-day mourning period.

“All government officials in collaboration with the state branch of the Christian Association of Nigeria would organise prayer and fasting sessions all through the mourning period.

“We have to pray for his family and the ring-road project which he was the chairman of its committee for the past six years,” said the governor.

Speaking about how he died, Mr Umahi explained, “He died on the morning of June 21, at the Turkish Hospital Abuja. He was travelling to Enugu on Saturday, June 19, about 7:00 p.m. with his orderly and driver as his vehicle rammed into a stationary articulated vehicle around the Obinagu area.

“They were all conscious after the accident as his orderly and driver sustained slight injuries and were discharged from hospital.”

Mr Umahi further stated that Mr Nweze had neck injuries and experienced severe pains in the stomach. The government later took him to the Turkish Hospital, Abuja.

“I directed my personal physician and another reputable doctor to assist in his treatment, and it was discovered after examination that the seatbelt he used ruptured his intestines.

“He underwent a successful operation, and I directed that he should be placed in the intensive care unit for adequate care. I called the hospital about 8’o’clock on the morning of June 2 and learnt that he experienced a crisis as I was later informed that he died at about 9.50 a.m.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 13 hours ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Tragedy As Five Children Suffocate To Death Inside Packed Car In Niger State
Forum | 3 days ago

Tragedy As Five Children Suffocate To Death Inside Packed Car In Niger State

AGN Announces 4-day Prayer And Fasting After Death Of Junior Pope, Mr Ibu, Others
Forum | 3 days ago

AGN Announces 4-day Prayer And Fasting After Death Of Junior Pope, Mr Ibu, Others