Atletico Madrid striker Luis Suarez confesses Liverpool loyalty

Forum 2 years ago

Atletico Madrid striker Luis Suarez confesses Liverpool loyalty

Atletico Madrid striker Luis Suarez admits moving to a Liverpool rival in England would be "strange".

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9b045a7951fd3a1b911d21717e50f853.jpg

The Uruguayan striker also spoke of his regret at not winning the title during his three-and-a-half year stint on Merseyside, with the Reds falling just short in the 2013/14 season.

"Playing for any team other than Liverpool in England would be hard," Suarez told World Soccer Magazine. "I had, and hope I still do have, such a good relationship with Liverpool fans that it would be strange for me to play for somebody else."

He added: "It would have been special to win the league with Liverpool, but I am glad that their wait is now over.

"They look like a team that will compete for many seasons to come even if this one has not been the best for them. They are back where they belong."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat