Belgium boss Martinez delighted with De Bruyne, Hazard fitness for victory over Finland

Forum 2 years ago

Belgium boss Martinez delighted with De Bruyne, Hazard fitness for victory over Finland

Belgium boss Roberto Martinez was delighted to get some fitness into Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard against Finland on Monday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e30ad25b1291fdab8fd5ad68300e76e4.jpeg

Both players played all 90 minutes in the 2-0 victory.

"I was delighted because if you would have asked me before we played our first warm-up friendly against Greece what I wanted, it would have been to get all nine points from our three games and to get all the injured players back," Martinez told reporters.

"At that point, Axel (Witsel) and Kevin were not involved in either of our two friendlies and Eden had just eight minutes against Croatia. So clearly today to see 90 minutes for Axel and Eden and the time that Kevin was on the pitch was very satisfying.

"Eden pushed himself and got in good positions and it is the first time in a long time I've see Eden Hazard turning, twisting, left and right. He looks happy."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display
Forum | 16 hours ago

‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal

You Have Desecrated The Holy Month For Claiming Your Party’s Victory Was Stolen – Sokoto Govt Slams Tambuwal
Forum | 1 week ago

You Have Desecrated The Holy Month For Claiming Your Party’s Victory Was Stolen – Sokoto Govt Slams Tambuwal