I Feel Safer In Maiduguri State Than In Abuja – Ali Ndume Reveals

Forum 2 years ago

I Feel Safer In Maiduguri State Than In Abuja – Ali Ndume Reveals

Ali Ndume, the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Army, has given a reason he feels safer when visiting Maiduguri than Abuja amid the security challenges facing the country.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/988befe8640b851324de9763d0aca1dc.jpg

Ndume, speaking during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today on Thursday, said that he feels safer in Maiduguri because nobody can knock on his door with a gun.

Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, has suffered various attacks from Boko Haram insurgency, bandits, among others, for several years.

The attacks from the insurgency have left many dead and properties destroyed.

But Ndume believes the insurgents have been kept away from Maiduguri and can only attack soft targets in other areas of Borno.

“I live in Abuja and also live in Maiduguri,” Ndume said.

“Once I come to Maiduguri, I feel safer than in Abuja because somebody can knock down your door with a gun. In Maiduguri, we don’t hear of that.

“It is outside Maiduguri where the insurgents are marauding around and attacking intermittently. And that is normal with insurgents, that is why they are called insurgents, they do hit and run on soft targets.”

He added,

“In every society, you can’t wipe out criminality completely. In America, there is a school shooting. Our own is that we have known terrorists and the army is fighting them.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 11 hours ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 1 day ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again
Forum | 3 days ago

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again