Man Utd winger James reveals Leeds upset over failed transfer

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd winger James reveals Leeds upset over failed transfer

Manchester United winger Daniel James admits Leeds United were annoyed when he was unable to transfer to the club from Swansea City.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b9e324924b7fe75e344bcdf322138974.jpg

James was famously close to joining Leeds in 2019, but the move failed at the last hurdle.

On the UTD Podcast series, James opened up about that failed transfer and his eventual move to Manchester United the following summer.

"I was watching it [deadline day] on TV, everything was mostly done so it was all eyes on Leeds and if this deal was going to go through. I was just looking at it thinking it's just surreal," the Welshman revealed.

"I signed all the contract, did the interviews, picked my shirt number, did all the pictures and I thought it was done.

"I then was told it wasn't done, there was one more piece of paper [that they were waiting for] from Swansea to Leeds for them to agree the deal of how it was going to happen.

"It got to one minute to 11 and I was like 'what's going on?'. They came in and Victor [Orta], the chief executive of Leeds came in and was very upset at what had happened."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 6 hours ago

SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2
Forum | 18 hours ago

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show
Forum | 21 hours ago

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova
Forum | 21 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova