Insecurity: Gani Adams Writes UN, AU, Others, Seeks Intervention

Forum 2 years ago

Insecurity: Gani Adams Writes UN, AU, Others, Seeks Intervention

Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Gani Adams has sent a letter to the global community, seeking their intervention in the ongoing killings and kidnappings in Nigeria.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dae09729b4e8bee2bb3b3643fad52655.jpg

The letter titled, ‘Urgent Need To Stop Killings By Fulani Herdsmen In Yorubaland’, was addressed to Secretary-General, United Nations; Chairperson of the African Union; Secretary of State, the United States; British Foreign Secretary; European Union Member States, the Economic Community of West African States, amongst others on Wednesday.

The letter partly read,

“So, it is because of the psychopathic killings going on in our land that I’m writing this letter to you to please intervene in this murderous quagmire.

“We have a situation in which the Federal Government appears overwhelmed and is fast losing grip of its constitutional mandate to protect the land.

“Obviously, Nigeria is on the precipice, cascading downward in a dangerous and suicidal manner.

“Words of wisdom seem to have taken flight.

“Because we live in a global world, I am drawing your attention that any crisis that happens in Nigeria may have a negative effect on the rest of the world.

“And it may happen soon because all the security establishments are already showing signs of virtual ineffectiveness.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director
Forum | 6 hours ago

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand
Forum | 2 days ago

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi
Forum | 5 days ago

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi

Israel DMW Writes As He Poses With Cubana Chiefpriest After He Was Granted Bail
Forum | 6 days ago

Israel DMW Writes As He Poses With Cubana Chiefpriest After He Was Granted Bail