Denmark coach Hjulmand: Unreal Eriksen sitting up and smiling; he saw the last 10 minutes of the match!

Forum 2 years ago

Denmark coach Hjulmand: Unreal Eriksen sitting up and smiling; he saw the last 10 minutes of the match!

Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand admits he's amazed seeing Christian Eriksen sitting up and smiling after Saturday's collapse.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c728fceb8dee86cee140c759c575e316.jpg

The Inter Milan midfielder suffered a cardiac arrest during the Euros game with Finland, but is now interacting with fans on social media and speaking with Denmark teammates.

"It gives a lot. What one has to think about is that it is unreal that he is sitting there smiling. It is unreal that we hear that he saw the last ten minutes of the match," said Hjulmand at Tuesday's press conference.

"The fact that he is sitting there and smiling must be brought together to make it a reality. This, of course, provides another step towards us being able to concentrate even more on football and the match on Thursday.

"It all means that Christian is well. This means everything for us to be able to move forward."

Hjulmand believes that the players have tackled the last 24 hours in an exemplary way, and the squad will probably be ready for Thursday's match against Belgium.

"The last 24 hours have been good for the national team group. From the start of yesterday's training to the end, I think something positive happened; getting the body moving again, and the fact that we know Christian is doing well has helped us all.

"Subsequently, there were several smiles on the players' lips because we know Christian is okay. The feeling of relief begins to fill more and more for us.

"We have begun preparations for Thursday's match and we are ready to show who we are on Thursday. We showed that on Saturday both on and off the field.

"And we are ready to do that again on Thursday against Belgium."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series
Forum | 1 week ago

Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 1 week ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England

The Crow & Saw XI Release Dates Delayed by Lionsgate
Forum | 2 weeks ago

The Crow & Saw XI Release Dates Delayed by Lionsgate