Belgium coach Martinez insists Leicester fullback Castagne could play again in Euros

Forum 2 years ago

Belgium coach Martinez insists Leicester fullback Castagne could play again in Euros

Belgium coach Roberto Martinez insists Leicester City fullback Timothy Castagne could play again in the Euros.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6896d836be1e361d24cf796329f9eb16.jpg

Castagne is heading back to Belgium for surgery after suffering a gruesome double fracture of an eye socket in a head collision during Saturday night's 3-0 win over Russia.

Belgium manager Martinez suggested at the final whistle that his tournament was over - but he has added a slight caveat in a press conference today.

He was quizzed if Castagne could be with the squad if they went all the way and pointed to the quick recovery of teammate Axel Witsel as potential inspiration.

He said: “If we go to the final, Thomas can definitely come... but whether he can be on the pitch, I doubt it.

“From a medical point of view, he needs more than four weeks.

"But since the case of Axel Witsel, who was never supposed to be here after his injury, I do not rule out medical miracles."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tom Cruise Wanted to Play Rorschach in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen Movie
Forum | 14 hours ago

Tom Cruise Wanted to Play Rorschach in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen Movie

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 2 days ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 5 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England