It’s Official: Bitcoin a Legal Tender in El Salvador Following a Supermajority Decision

Forum 2 years ago

It’s Official: Bitcoin a Legal Tender in El Salvador Following a Supermajority Decision

Bitcoin has officially become a legal tender in El Salvador after 62 out of 84 votes went in favor. 

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ce996f7746423a39a6b5c051b4f2a533.jpeg

The small country of El Salvador has moved forward with its plans and has done well on its word to accept Bitcoin as a legal tender.

• The president of El Salvador, Nayib Bukele, has taken it to Twitter to share that the law which officially turns Bitcoin into a legal tender in the country has been passed by a supermajority decision.

• In total, 62 out of 84 votes went in favor.

The #BitcoinLaw has been approved by a supermajority in the Salvadoran Congress.

62 out of 84 votes!

History! #Btc??

— Nayib Bukele ?? (@nayibbukele) June 9, 2021

• For those wondering – for bitcoin to be accepted as legal tender means that no one has the right to refuse BTC for payment.

• Even though plenty of countries have many providers accepting BTC, El Salvador becomesthe very first country to do so on a national level.

• The move further legitimizes BTC as a currency, and many experts believe that it sets the tone for others to follow suit.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 13 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit
Forum | 1 day ago

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term
Forum | 6 days ago

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term

“Distance is my new response to disrespect” – Mabel Makun says following husband, AY’s reaction to their split rumors
Forum | 1 week ago

“Distance is my new response to disrespect” – Mabel Makun says following husband, AY’s reaction to their split rumors