DONE DEAL: Barnsley sign former Man City striker Devante Cole

Forum 2 years ago

DONE DEAL: Barnsley sign former Man City striker Devante Cole

Barnsley have signed Motherwell striker Devante Cole on a three-year deal.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/39a24345e2dd091c95d29242ee263f0a.jpeg

The 26-year-old will join the Reds as a free agent on 1 July after turning down a new deal with the Scottish Premiership side.

Cole, the son of former Manchester United and England striker Andrew, had a loan spell with the Tykes from Manchester City in 2014-15.

"I'm really happy to be back. I was here a good few years ago and I enjoyed my time," he told the club website.

Barnsley finished fifth in the Championship last season but lost to Swansea in the play-offs.

USA international Daryl Dike, who scored nine goals in 19 league appearances in the second half of the campaign, has now returned to parent side Orlando City.

Boss Valerien Ismael said: "It is important that we continue to progress as a club and getting this deal done so quickly is a clear indication that we intend to be competitive next season."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 6 hours ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 1 day ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town
Forum | 1 day ago

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town