Gov. Ayade’s special adviser resigns

Forum 2 years ago

Gov. Ayade’s special adviser resigns

The Special Adviser to Governor Ben Ayade on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), Mark Obi, has resigned.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dbb462b33968d9fd476397059bf1c076.png

In his resignation letter, Mr Obi said, “As a founding member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he would not defect to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“Following recent happenings in the political alignment of the state governor, I am persuaded to review my involvement in the current state administration.”

The letter further stated, “Consequently, being a founding and subsisting member of the PDP in Cross River, I cannot in good conscience remain in my appointment as special adviser on Sustainable Development Goals.

“I hereby resign my appointment as special adviser immediately. I am very grateful to Governor Ayade for finding me worthy to serve the state in the said capacity.

“Nevertheless, I will continue to support the state and government in any way possible as a stakeholder and senior citizen.”

Mr Obi had represented Boki 2 State Constituency in the Cross River House of Assembly as a PDP member between 1999 and 2007.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 1 day ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers
Forum | 2 days ago

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 3 days ago

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair