El-Rufai Defy FG, Tweets Despite Malami’s Prosecution Order, Reno Omokri Reacts

Forum 2 years ago

El-Rufai Defy FG, Tweets Despite Malami’s Prosecution Order, Reno Omokri Reacts

Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai on Sunday tweeted despite an order by the attorney-general of the federation Abubakar Malami for Nigerians still using Twitter despite its suspension to be Prosecuted, Igbere TV reports.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c5b13389c558dfcf95003b0e111732c3.jpg

According to a statement, Malami had ordered the director of public prosecution of the federation to “swing into action and commence in earnest the process of prosecution of violators of the Federal Government de-activation of operations of Twitter in Nigeria.”

El-Rufai’s tweet at 09:37pm meant he could have bypassed the suspension, like many others, through the use of virtual private networks.

“Based Nigeria: African country teaches US lesson in how to handle Big Tech tyranny,” the post to his over 1.9 million followers read.

El-Rufai’s tweet attracted criticism from some Nigerians including ex-presidential aide Reno Omokri who called on Malami to prosecute the governor for flouting the suspension.

“Dear @MalamiSAN, @elrufai tweeted this 20 minutes ago in violation of your #TwitterBan. If you do not start your arrest and prosecution with him, then you must admit that you are a failure and a man who does not keep to his word,” Mr Omokri wrote.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike
Forum | 1 day ago

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike

Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche
Forum | 1 day ago

Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 2 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

I
Forum | 2 days ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life