Do You Agree?? Youths Should Not Be Kept Away From Government – Omo-Agege

Forum 2 years ago

Do You Agree?? Youths Should Not Be Kept Away From Government – Omo-Agege

Deputy Senate President, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege has stated that he would prefer for youths to take active part in government instead of resorting to protests.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/378de42fbce7862ab6bed942d0eb00e0.jpg

He made this known while speaking on Thursday in an interview with Channels Television.

Omo-Agege revealed that he is sponsoring a bill that will set aside 30 percent of positions in federal and state executive councils for persons aged between 25 and 30 years.

The deputy senate president also stated that he believes that there is a need for young persons to be exposed to the decision making processes.

“It is very feasible. If I may just correct you, it is not 30 to 35 years, it is 2 to 30 years. We want to capture the very essence of our youth,” he said.

“The reason we are doing that is we have this belief that arising from the #EndSARS protest, I have taken the position that I would rather have these youths sit down in the federal executive council and sit down in the state executive councils in various states than having them go protest at the Lekki tollgate.

“I do not see why we should keep these youths away from government, and these are people that constitute about 70 percent of our population today.

“They own this country. It is my belief that they are better off participating in decision making on matters affecting the well-being of the country. It is their country.

“The earlier we expose them to these positions, the better. They can make their mistakes; they are just 30 percent of the cabinet.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Enugu Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Shoot Dead Restaurant Owner, Youths Burn Patrol Vehicle
Forum | 2 days ago

Enugu Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Shoot Dead Restaurant Owner, Youths Burn Patrol Vehicle

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen
Forum | 6 days ago

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression
Forum | 6 days ago

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression

You Failed As Minister, Governor – Northern Youths Tackle Kwankwaso Over Comment On Insecurity
Forum | 1 week ago

You Failed As Minister, Governor – Northern Youths Tackle Kwankwaso Over Comment On Insecurity