Brentford promoted to Premier League after Championship play-off triumph over Swansea

Forum 2 years ago

Brentford promoted to Premier League after Championship play-off triumph over Swansea

First-half goals from Ivan Toney and Emiliano Marcondes were enough for Thomas Frank's side to beat the Swans at Wembley Stadium.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1212d1257f8007c3b392472cb2857517.jpgBrentford have ended a seven-decade-plus hiatus from the top-flight of English football after they triumphed 2-0 against Swansea City in the Championship play-off final on Saturday, to seal their first-ever Premier League appearance.

First-half goals from Ivan Toney and Emiliano Marcondes were enough for Thomas Frank's side to beat the Swans at Wembley Stadium and join Norwich and Watford at the high table of the domestic game from next season onwards.

It ends a run of nine straight play-off defeats over the past 30 years, and brings to a close a 74-year absence from the top division for the Bees, in front of a crowd of 11,689 in north London.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Forum | 6 days ago

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Tom Cruise Wanted to Play Rorschach in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Tom Cruise Wanted to Play Rorschach in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen Movie

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 1 week ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record