Drake Accused Of Asking Female Fan To Remove Her Hijab; He Reacts

Forum 7 years ago

Drake Accused Of Asking Female Fan To Remove Her Hijab; He Reacts

Drake was accused of telling a muslim girl to remove her hijab in his concert, Boy Meets Worldtour, media reports.

The artiste is finally speaking out on those racist rumors. The rapper was in deep hot water after allegedly telling four Muslim women to remove their hijabs during one of his European concerts.
However, Drake is assuring fans that the story is entirely different.

The Canadian took to Instagram to clarify the "fake media story" and explain there was indeed a girl "wearing a jacket and a winter scarf" in the crowd during one of his London gigs. No hijabs we involved, in other words.

“I make a point every night to end my shows on a time of unity and love, so to find out that I am being utilized in a fake media story about me disrespecting Muslims is devastating to me,” Drake said in the statement. “At my show in the O2 in London, I was talking to four women, one of whom was wearing a jacket and a winter scarf. I made a comment about taking off the scarf because I enjoy a friendly banter with the fans. I am well aware of what a hijab is and I would never make a disrespectful comment like that in my life towards someone who is wearing one. I am proud that my closest friends and fans come from all different religions and races, perhaps whoever made up this story should spend more time learning about other cultures and less time trying to divide us.”

This headscarf debacle comes after the typically apolitical Drake made some very rare comments about President Trump, condemning "that man" for attempting to divide America.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Fancy Dance Trailer Previews Lily Gladstone Apple TV+ Movie
Forum | 15 hours ago

Fancy Dance Trailer Previews Lily Gladstone Apple TV+ Movie

Capital City University appoints first female registrar
Forum | 1 day ago

Capital City University appoints first female registrar

$87m theft: Court grants accused modified bail conditions
Forum | 2 days ago

$87m theft: Court grants accused modified bail conditions