Chelsea striker Werner: We've played our best stuff in the Champions League

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea striker Werner: We've played our best stuff in the Champions League

Chelsea striker Timo Werner is convinced they can beat Manchester City in the Champions League final.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/599fc515ebb2de9b69b59383005fc8a9.jpg

Werner says victory over Porto in the Champions League quarter-final was the moment he believed the Blues could win the competition.

"After the Atletico game, we were drawn with Porto who were seen as the easiest draw, but still proved to be very difficult opponents with their aggressive style of play," he told the club's official website.

"But after the win against Porto, we all started to believe that we could go very far, regardless of who stood in our way.

"We've had a lot of good games but I think the second leg against Real Madrid where we reached the final was special because we showed a lot of people that we can win against the big teams. That was by some distance our best game, even if it wasn't the most decisive."

Werner says the European Cup is the one every player wants, adding: "The Champions League is something special.

"I think when you hear the anthem before the game and the fans get that feeling, that's when you really start looking forward to the game. It will be great to play in front of fans again because we haven't had them there this whole time.

"The Champions League final is the biggest game in club football. There's nothing bigger and we're all looking forward to it."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 5 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 6 days ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves