Man Utd great Sir Alex heaps praise on Leicester for 'fantastic' season

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd great Sir Alex heaps praise on Leicester for 'fantastic' season

Manchester United icon Sir Alex Ferguson has heaped praise on Leicester City after a 'fantastic' season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d52ae8ec441f10f7bf98cd6946b115c5.jpeg

The Foxes missed out on Champions League football with a loss to Spurs on closing day, but managed to lift the FA Cup by beating Chelsea.

And Ferguson thinks clubs like Leicester contribute to the Premier League's appeal.

Asked by GQ whether his European Cup Winners' Cup win with Leicester in 1983 is something that could be repeated, Ferguson replied: "I don't think you can take the dream away. It can be done.

"I'm not saying it'll be done regularly. But in Scotland, I think it's more difficult.

"But then you take Leicester City. Four years ago, five years ago? When it got to November that year, I thought they would win it.

"Because I think what happened then was they were six points clear, I think, in November. But you know this feeling at the top of the week: if all the big teams are the below you at the start, they want to beat each other.

"They sort of forgot about Leicester City for a bit. And by the time it got to April, alarm bells were ringing."

Ferguson added: "They were fantastic. You know, I enjoy watching Leicester, actually, because they play good football and they have a good recruitment operation. And they won the Cup (this season).

"So it can be done. It can be done. There's no question. We never should destroy people's dreams.

"The Leicester City's make what we want in football today. It's not always about United or Arsenal or Liverpool.

"It's about a small club that can have its day in the sun, you know?"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline
Forum | 2 days ago

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline

Bridgerton Season 3 Poster Shows Off Colin & Penelope’s Chemistry
Forum | 2 days ago

Bridgerton Season 3 Poster Shows Off Colin & Penelope’s Chemistry

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2
Forum | 2 days ago

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie