England coach Southgate explains blanking Southampton striker Ings, Leeds' Bamford

Forum 2 years ago

England coach Southgate explains blanking Southampton striker Ings, Leeds' Bamford

England manager Gareth Southgate has explained leaving out Southampton striker Danny Ings and Leeds United forward Patrick Bamford from his Euro2020 squad.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/892a998a673233aba3c5b3f84afea2e4.jpg

Southgate admitted he was happy to stick with the strikers he selected for the World Cup qualifiers in March.

"The basis of this squad is the squad that we picked in March," said the England boss.

"There are other players who have come in but we were very pleased with the forwards in March.

"That is unfortunate that Danny has missed out but we have also left out Patrick Bamford who has had had a very good season.

"We did not see a reason to change those positions from those qualifiers in March."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 3 days ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel
Forum | 4 days ago

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 6 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England