DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace sign Jacob Montes from Georgetown University

Forum 2 years ago

DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace sign Jacob Montes from Georgetown University

Crystal Palace have signed 22-year-old Jacob Montes on a one-year deal.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7915ecb617566a3b9502d8bb2a038d0a.jpg

The American midfielder, who grew up in South Florida, joins from college team Georgetown University in Washington, D.C, where he played a major role in the side that won its first NCAA National Championship in 2019.

During Georgetown's championship campaign, Montes co-led his team in scoring with 11 goals, five assists, and recognition as Big East Conference Midfielder of the Year.

Having represented the United States national team at the Under-19 level, Montes also played for Portland Timbers USL reserves, Portland Timbers Academy, FC Florida U23 and FC Florida Prep Academy.

Having put pen to paper, Montes said: “I'm extremely excited. It's been a dream to be a professional soccer player since I could walk, really, so to be able to sign for a Premier League club is incredible.

“I want to try to make a good impression, and do whatever I can to perform at the highest level."

Chairman Steve Parish also told the club's website: “We've been really impressed by Jacob, and welcome him to the club."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 13 mins ago Transfer: Crystal Palace join Raphael Onyedika chase
Forum | 2 days ago

Forum | 2 days ago

Russell Crowe Exorcism Movie The Georgetown Project Gets New Title, Distributor
Forum | 3 days ago

Russell Crowe Exorcism Movie The Georgetown Project Gets New Title, Distributor

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men
Forum | 4 days ago

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men