"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Chelsea boss Tuchel happy to leave transfer work to experts: I'm the coach here

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea boss Tuchel happy to leave transfer work to experts: I'm the coach here

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is happy to take a step back from the club's transfer work.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/35253d4d25db569489eaa5cd0ae13440.jpeg

Tuchel says he looks for 'profiles' of players rather than necessarily certain individuals, but admitted he does suggest names to the Chelsea board for prospective transfers.

The Blues' boss is preparing for his first window in the hotseat at Stamford Bridge and it is expected the club will back him fully in his search for new additions.

"I want to be a coach and I'm so happy to be a coach here. I don't want to get involved in all the things that are needed to have a transfer," he told Sky Sports.

"I clearly give my opinions, I'm asked my opinion, I have an opinion, I suggest names, I listen to the scouting, listen to the loan department, and then we have a full picture.

"And this picture will be adapted many, many, many times during holidays [summer]. It will be adapted during pre-season because it has to be because of developments: hopefully not injuries, the wish for some players to exit.

"But in general I have ideas of profiles. What profile can help us. Profile of characteristics of players, what kind of skills do we need for this team to improve, and then it's an open talk. It's a group who decides it with me, scouting and the board."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Three players to leave Arsenal for free this summer
Forum | 14 hours ago

EPL: Three players to leave Arsenal for free this summer

Transfer: LaLiga club Getafe target Sadiq loan move
Forum | 22 hours ago

Transfer: LaLiga club Getafe target Sadiq loan move

Transfer: Two Chelsea players to be used in Osimhen’s deal revealed
Forum | 22 hours ago

Transfer: Two Chelsea players to be used in Osimhen’s deal revealed