Man Utd left-back Shaw: I always believed I'd turn my career around

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd left-back Shaw: I always believed I'd turn my career around

Luke Shaw never doubted he would turn his Manchester United career around.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9832a956968d4c85e461cbbbb9eba1bc.jpeg

The left-back has enjoyed an excellent comeback after falling out of favour under former manager Jose Mourinho.

Speaking ahead of the Europa League final on Wednesday, Shaw said: "I always believed I would be able to do it.

"When I was going through the bad times and wasn't playing, people were telling me to go play somewhere else.

"No-one wants to leave the biggest club in the world. I believe there was a reason why I was brought here and I didn't want to leave and not show what I can do.

"I dug deep and I didn't let anyone affect me. Now I'm on a much better path. The stuff I've gone through, if I didn't have the support I would have struggled even more. My mum and dad, especially, and Anouska have known about my struggles and they've been so supportive.

"I had a conversation with my girlfriend before the start of the season about what my aims were. She's pushed me and kept me on a straight path. Her and the little one have helped me outside of football and it's nice to know you're going back to a loving home. You grow up much more when you've had a kid."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 3 days ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 4 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel
Forum | 4 days ago

They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel's Photo Amid Breakup Rumours

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 4 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer