Spain coach Luis Enrique fails to name any Real Madrid players in Euros squad

Forum 2 years ago

Spain coach Luis Enrique fails to name any Real Madrid players in Euros squad

Spain coach Luis Enrique's squad for the European Championship does not include a single Real Madrid player.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7f63b8154d899b05c5f878a964dae163.jpeg

It's the first time it has happened in a Spain squad for a major international competition, with Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez and Marco Asensio all missing out as Luis Enrique named just 24 players, despite being able to name 26.

Spain have never gone to a major tournament without a Real Madrid player before, and it has only been close to happening once. Back in 1950, Luis Molowny was the only Los Blancos player chosen.

"I don't question his ability," Luis Enrique said. "But I want to bring 24 players and there are three or four who could be on the list and would deserve to be.

"If [Dani] Carvajal and Ramos had been fit then they would have come. They haven't made it because of that."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United
Forum | 3 days ago

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United

PDP NEC Fails To Take Action On Wike, Ortom, Others Over Anti-party Activities
Forum | 3 days ago

PDP NEC Fails To Take Action On Wike, Ortom, Others Over Anti-party Activities

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat