Man City star Gundogan claims Chelsea boss Tuchel 'very similar' to Guardiola

Forum 2 years ago

Man City star Gundogan claims Chelsea boss Tuchel 'very similar' to Guardiola

Manchester City star Ilkay Gundogan has struggled to find many differences between Pep Guardiola and Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/73479e544a0955a7a1f89bdcf00b8540.jpg

Gundogan worked under Tuchel at Borussia Dortmund and will come up against his former manager in the Champions League final on May 29.

And the Germany international has revealed how Tuchel convinced him to stay at Dortmund for another season before he joined City in 2016.

"I honestly didn't expect much when it was announced that he was going to be the new manager. I was even in talks maybe to leave the club.

"But I remember I had one phone call with him and he kind of presented himself to me when I was on holiday in the summer break, and it was actually a really good call.

"He tried to explain to me a few things, how he wanted us to play, how he wanted us to train and every single thing he said he really proved during that season.

"And I was surprised how well he was working with the team, how well his approach to the game was, how well known he was in terms of tactics and I really enjoyed it.

"I think he taught me a lot. I think he is a great manager, I've said it over the last few years several times I'm sure."

And Gundogan added: "I think they (Guardiola and Tuchel) are very similar to be honest.

"I am struggling a bit to mention any differences because I think both are great managers, tactically on such a high level of the game.

"They are both always able to deal with possible difficulties that they might face during 90 minutes. Both of them are always able to adapt certain things into their game."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline
Forum | 1 day ago

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 1 day ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK