Departing Arsenal defender David Luiz reveals coaching plans - but not yet

Forum 2 years ago

Departing Arsenal defender David Luiz reveals coaching plans - but not yet

Departing Arsenal defender David Luiz says he isn't ready to retire just yet.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/022b547fba0925c54603f0b964a039dc.jpeg

But in a farewell speech to the squad, Luiz admits he has plans in place for a coaching career.

While saying his goodbyes to his teammates, Luiz gave some insight into what he intends to do when his playing days come to an end.

“If, in some moments, I did something bad with you guys, sorry, but it was always my intention to give my best for you guys," he said.

“It was always my intention to help you guys. I think you guys understood a bit that I am a collective person, so my happiness is to see others happy. So I try my best.

“Thank you so much. I hope to see you soon guys. I'm going to play for a few more years and soon I'm going to be a coach, so maybe someone from here is going to be my player! I don't see a lot of parts for young players!

“But for sure it's great. It's never easy when you finish a cycle but it's always great because God has the best for us.

“I just say to you guys, especially the young guys, enjoy it because football goes so quickly. One day I was the youngest in the changing room, now I'm the oldest… we love football, that's why [we play]."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 4 hours ago

SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2
Forum | 15 hours ago

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova
Forum | 19 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova