AC Milan coach Pioli 'truly happy' after Champions League qualification

Forum 2 years ago

AC Milan coach Pioli 'truly happy' after Champions League qualification

AC Milan coach Stefano Pioli hailed the mentality of his players after victory over Atalanta.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e1fb5047e0239b37a170857d7c76dd01.jpeg

The win sees Milan finish in second place and secure a Champions League spot.

“We achieved it because we deserved it and we deserved second place, for how we played all season," Pioli told Sky Italia.

“Unfortunately, we threw away the match point last Sunday against Cagliari, but we still earned it. I am truly happy and must thank the club that allowed us to work in the best possible environment. Once again, the players, directors, staff and fans all proved what it means to be at Milan."

On their excellent away record, Pioli admits no-one is certain.

“We did wonder why that happened, but and tried to evaluate the situation. Perhaps we just lack individual moves when the opposition clam up in defence, so we are stronger when there are more spaces to play in.

“I heard some people say at the start of the season that we did better without the fans creating pressure, but I don't believe that is true at all. We can only imagine what it would've felt like with the enthusiasm of the supporters growing at San Siro.

“What the fans did this morning also showed how much they believed and they passed that passion on to us."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 2 days ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 2 days ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

Why Bayer Leverkusen are Bundesliga champions – Boniface
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Bayer Leverkusen are Bundesliga champions – Boniface