Man Utd manager Solskjaer believes Wolves win 'in the spirit of Sir Alex, Sir Matt'

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd manager Solskjaer believes Wolves win 'in the spirit of Sir Alex, Sir Matt'

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was delighted after Manchester United's 2-1 win over Wolves on the final day of the Premier League season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1269d96379dd7030e11f738ed1a6b80c.jpg

Teenager Anthony Elanga scored his debut goal for United, while youngsters Amad Diallo, Shola Shoretire, Will Fish and Hannibal Mejbri also featured.

"[I'm] very happy. Proud of them. [The lads] took the ball well, created chances and got the win they deserved," Solskjaer said speaking after the final whistle.

"Today just made me smile, all these players expressing themselves like we want to see and no injuries. We had the pace and enthusiasm of [Anthony] Elanga and Amad, Dan James, then you've got Donny [van de Beek], Nema [Matic] and Juan [Mata] who have got all the experience and quality. It worked well."

On the youngsters playing, Solskjaer added: "You'd like to say you that you would see some of these [kids] in the future, of course.

"I think it was a game in the spirit of Man United, Sir Alex and Sir Matt, that you give kids the chance.

"My job is to do my best for Man United, and I felt today, as I said before, it was a Man United-spirited performances with loads of kids that made their debuts, Elanga scored his first goal, so today I was really proud of them."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady
Forum | 1 day ago

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady's 13-year-old Daughter In Rivers