Barcelona target Wijnaldum bids emotional farewell to Liverpool: Time for new adventure

Forum 2 years ago

Barcelona target Wijnaldum bids emotional farewell to Liverpool: Time for new adventure

An emotional Gini Wijnaldum held back tears after playing his last game for Liverpool.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/286cbe9f126aa151b3307ad1c6113b18.jpg

The Dutchman will leave Anfield on a free transfer this summer after five years with Liverpool, in which he won the Premier League and Champions League.

Speaking after the 2-0 win over Crystal Palace, Barcelona-linked Wijnaldum said: "I'm fighting against tears right now. The people in Liverpool have shown me love during the five years. I will miss them, you know?"

"I hope to have played many more years for the club but unfortunately things went different. I have to start a new adventure.

"I knew I went to a big club. I remember that I was sitting in the living room and the manager said when I come to Liverpool we would win prizes. I am happy it went that well. It would have been really painful to leave the club without any.

"It's really special. Since I've joined the fans have sung my name. Week-in, week-out they saw I was giving 100% to give everything for this club. That's what the supporters want to see and that's what they appreciate from me. It is something I'm going to miss."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 14 hours ago

Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount
Forum | 14 hours ago

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 9 hours ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka