Tottenham caretaker boss Mason: Academy talent can take club forward

Forum 2 years ago

Tottenham caretaker boss Mason: Academy talent can take club forward

Tottenham caretaker boss Ryan Mason says the academy can lead the club to better times.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f23e388732b3650ae87ac00db2b7ba71.jpg

Dane Scarlett has just turned 17 but already made his debut, and 16-year-old Alfie Devine scored in Tottenham's FA Cup win over Marine in January. Both were introduced by former manager Jose Mourinho before his dismissal.

Mason said, '"Of course I would like to see it. I've no shame in saying that and I think our fans would like to see it.

"On Wednesday night we had three players (Kane, Harry Winks and Japhet Tanganga)from the academy, and going forward, I hope that some of our young players can make the step up."

And he says the example of Harry Kane should spur them on.

"I believe so one hundred per cent. We've got the structure within the academy, excellent coaches and players with lots of potential.

"Hopefully we're sitting here in three to five years time and there are more players from the academy making their mark on the first team. That's what I want and I know the club wants it as well."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute
Forum | 1 day ago

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star
Forum | 5 days ago

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star

Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought
Forum | 3 days ago

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought