Arsenal boss Arteta warns Southgate of Saka burnout fears

Forum 2 years ago

Arsenal boss Arteta warns Southgate of Saka burnout fears

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has urged England coach Gareth Southgate to be careful with Bukayo Saka.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/193e53350ec69b5b109400b35dc54f99.jpeg

The 19-year-old Londoner plays his 50th game of the season as Arsenal host Brighton on Sunday and Arteta is hoping England boss Southgate returns his brightest prospect intact from the Euros.

"There is a risk [of burn out]," Arteta acknowledged. "The schedule we have had in the last two years has been crazy. But he's handled that situation really, really well.

"I know Gareth. He's brilliant at managing his players well. I've spoken to him about it. We just hope they do the right thing."

Arteta continued: "He is very determined to go and help his country on this incredible occasion.

"He needs to enjoy that because he has earned every right to be there. Enjoy it and good things will happen."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 2 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves