Real Madrid coach Zidane says Atletico Madrid worthy champions

Forum 2 years ago

Real Madrid coach Zidane says Atletico Madrid worthy champions

Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane says Atletico Madrid are worthy champions.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6c295028ee05fcdcc88f9a2d50dbd446.jpeg

Real defeated Villarreal, but it wasn't enough as Atletico's victory over Real Valladolid confirmed them champions.

“First things first, I want to thank the fans because they've been behind the team from afar," said Zidane.

"They haven't been able to come to the stadium this year but everyone can be proud of this team because the players have given it everything they have until the final minute. We won again today. It hasn't been easy because we had problems early on but in the end we've come good. I'm very proud of my players. It's a day to congratulate the squad.

“We have to congratulate Atlético Madrid, they deserve it too, because ultimately, the team that finish first deserve to win it. They've had a great season and that's all there is to it. I'm not the most important thing here, it's all about what the players have done all season.

"That's why we should focus on what we've done during the season and then, in time, taking it calmly, we'll see what happens. I'll speak to the club in relaxed fashion, but later on, not right now. Today is a day to congratulate my players."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide
Forum | 1 day ago

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana
Forum | 2 days ago

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive
Forum | 2 days ago

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive