Atletico Madrid coach Simeone: One of the best years to be champions

Forum 2 years ago

Atletico Madrid coach Simeone: One of the best years to be champions

Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone was proud of his players after securing the LaLiga title.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/40dd8e1fbf245aefa714ea2eb63927f1.jpeg

Los Colchoneros beat Real Valladolid 2-1, having fallen behind early on, to ensure that they held onto top spot despite Real Madrid claiming their own comeback win over Villarreal.

Even in the absence of fans, Simeone believes that the 2020/21 title was a particularly special one to win.

"I'm happy for a lot of people," Simeone said after the game. "It has been a very complex year, and so many people have been lost because of the virus, so for Atletico to be champions is different.

"It was a tough year, like our history; it's one of the best years to be champions."

Atletico hadn't won the title since that historic 2014 triumph and Simeone believes that the two successes are very different from one another.

"They're different, with different feelings," Simeone said. "The world is experiencing a very bad situation and I hope that we have given a lot of people some joy.

"Spending 32 weeks on top is huge. I'm grateful, especially to those who played less than others. We remained a team with a goal and we were that at every minute."

On his and the club's future, Simeone recognised the chance that people can tire of his methods but believes the club's future is bright.

"I've no doubts that people can get tired," Simeone said. "But I'm very hard-headed. I knew and know that this club can keep growing and I hope it will continue like this.

"The club keeps growing. They have done incredible work. Miguel [Angel Gil Marin], Enrique [Cerezo] and all of the unseen people have given the club stability beyond results. They've always wanted this.

"They're not here celebrating, but soon we'll all embrace."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo
Forum | 3 days ago

Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai
Forum | 4 days ago

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 5 days ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves