Leicester boss Rodgers: We can't worry about Chelsea and Liverpool

Forum 2 years ago

Leicester boss Rodgers: We can't worry about Chelsea and Liverpool

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers says they cannot worry about other games on Sunday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7e5041cf879913022efeaf27329b234e.jpeg

Defeat at Chelsea on Tuesday meant Leicester dropped to fifth ahead of the final day and realistically now must beat Tottenham and hope Thomas Tuchel's side slip up at Aston Villa or Liverpool falter at home to Crystal Palace.

"There is pressure to win on every game, from the first to the last," said Rodgers. "I only focus on what we can control. I don't give too much thought to the other games because if you don't do your own job its doesn't matter.

"My concentration is purely on us picking up three points and then see how Chelsea do at Villa. Villa had a great performance at Tottenham and Crystal Palace have shown they are very good on the counter-attack. But despite all of that, my only focus is picking up a win and finishing the season as best we can."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 1 day ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold